About Me

For those of you that already know me, this section is irrelevant. For those of you who don’t, I am a 25 year old administrative assistant who is wasting her talent pushing papers. In this blog I intend on documenting my life. I am at a critical point in my life, trying to make it on my own, struggling to find my identity. What better way to do this then to share everything through my perspective. I live on a farm in PA, with my boyfriend. Since I moved there I have found parts of me that truly were lost after going to college. I am in fact a hometown girl that was lost in the big city. Now I am back in my hometown and I have been here about 3 years now. I love the quiet and the feeling I get when I see a long lost (but not forgotten) friend. I am becoming an adult and this transformation is truly scary. SO come with me on this journey. I am sure we will laugh and cry. Either way, I can’t wait.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

I don't like pineapple with my ham. 


That's right. I said it. Right now we are getting our first major thunderstorm. I'm lying in bed, with laptop and puppies, window open listening to the rain.



So back the the topic, I don't like pineapple with my ham. I also don't like apples with my chicken or cranberries with my turkey. While I understand it is a taste to be appreciated, I just cant seem to find myself wanting to chow down on this unique palette.

Earlier I was harvesting lettuce from our garden and it reminded me of  this recipe. It was so hot and humid today, I was in the mood for some leafy greens and sweet fruit.



With that being said, I do love this recipe below. Its healthy and it makes your mouth water.....




Strawberry Salad


What you will need:

Lettuce
Strawberries
Sesame Seeds
Sunflower Seeds
Flax Seeds
...and any other fixings you choose, (onions, carrots, etc.)

Dressing Preferred- Poppy Seed
Dressing variations- Sweet Vidalia Onion, Italian





Allylynn




www.etsy.com/shop/allylynn

No comments:

Post a Comment