About Me

For those of you that already know me, this section is irrelevant. For those of you who don’t, I am a 25 year old administrative assistant who is wasting her talent pushing papers. In this blog I intend on documenting my life. I am at a critical point in my life, trying to make it on my own, struggling to find my identity. What better way to do this then to share everything through my perspective. I live on a farm in PA, with my boyfriend. Since I moved there I have found parts of me that truly were lost after going to college. I am in fact a hometown girl that was lost in the big city. Now I am back in my hometown and I have been here about 3 years now. I love the quiet and the feeling I get when I see a long lost (but not forgotten) friend. I am becoming an adult and this transformation is truly scary. SO come with me on this journey. I am sure we will laugh and cry. Either way, I can’t wait.

Monday, May 21, 2012

DIY Canvas Screenprinting

GOOD MORNING!


I am in a fantastic mood today. It is probably because I have gotten a lot accomplished over the past 3 days. I have been focusing on one of the spare bedrooms in my house the needed some good ole TLC.


So I decided what a inexpensive idea for some art to help decorate the plain white walls and fire place.


What you will need:


Painters Canvas
Acrylic Paint (color of your choice, but lighter tones work better)
Gel Medium
The picture you want to transfer
Spray bottle & Water
& Embellishments




*Enlarge your picture and photocopy it. The photocopy is what you will use.


*Paint the canvas to the color that you choose and let dry completely.


*After the paint dries, paint the canvas with gel medium, apply liberally, before the gel medium drys,flatten the photocopy face down and smooth out all the bubbles like wallpaper and let COMPLETELY dry before proceeding to the next step.


*Using the spray bottle lightly spray a section of the paper rubbing off one layer at a time until you can clearly see the picture.


* Make sure all paper debris is gone, and Embellish to your liking.


On the two canvases that I did, I used crackle paint to cover the corners which helped cover an imperfections, and added 2 of my fabric flowers to make Daisy's a little more girly.




So here is the final outcome.













  1. www.etsy.com/shop/allylynn

No comments:

Post a Comment