About Me

For those of you that already know me, this section is irrelevant. For those of you who don’t, I am a 25 year old administrative assistant who is wasting her talent pushing papers. In this blog I intend on documenting my life. I am at a critical point in my life, trying to make it on my own, struggling to find my identity. What better way to do this then to share everything through my perspective. I live on a farm in PA, with my boyfriend. Since I moved there I have found parts of me that truly were lost after going to college. I am in fact a hometown girl that was lost in the big city. Now I am back in my hometown and I have been here about 3 years now. I love the quiet and the feeling I get when I see a long lost (but not forgotten) friend. I am becoming an adult and this transformation is truly scary. SO come with me on this journey. I am sure we will laugh and cry. Either way, I can’t wait.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Introducing "Duke Reginald Winkler"




Duke Reginald Winkler

He is a 3 month old Havanesse puppy.
I am still getting to know him, but so far he is mischievous, hilarious, playful, curious, fearless and very independent. His tail wags every time I walk in a room.

He likes to sleep in David's Boots

He still doesn't understand the camera

He hates getting baths

He tries looking innocent, but he doesn't have me fooled.
So I was reading through my paperwork and on one of the forms it said no raw hides until 9 months old. I was concerned because this puppy likes to chew, a lot. I took him to the vet for one of his routine check ups, and casually asked the vet if he could have raw hides. I thought I was going to get the same response as the paper, no raw hides, however the vet said, yes he can have raw hides, but just make sure they aren't made in China. I thought to myself, Is she just saying  that because she wants everyone to buy American made products? Or is there something wrong with them. So I did a little research...........AHHHHH Raw hides from foreign countries altogether....Horrible.
I went to Bark.com, there is an article specifically about the dangers of raw hides from foreign counties. (its embedded and will take you directly to the article if you would like to read it more in depth). I continued to read and found hundreds of comments at the bottom of the article, people talking about their dogs almost dying because of these raw hides.
So I set out on the next mission of buying all new raw hides. I went to Petco, and found it hard to find any raw hides made in the US, poor labeling, and if I did find some, they were pricey! So I looked online, and found, American made Raw hides. After careful consideration, I decided I had enough. All this just for raw hides.
I decided to ask around as I have many health conscious dog owner friends. I was given a few dog treat recipes. The best one for my dogs is below.

Frozen Banana Ice Cubes

What you will need....

1-2 Bananas (preferably newly ripe)
water
Peanut butter

Mix all in blender until smooth and creamy.
Put in Ice Cube tray, then in freezer.
Once these are frozen, you can clean the tray and put the treats in a freezer bag. These treats are perfect for hot sunny days outside. Both my little buddies love them.
What is also great is that this recipe can be easily modified, exchanging apples for bananas or even using both. Just remember there are certain foods to avoid when cooking for dogs, so be careful.

Talk to you soon




 



www.etsy.com/shop/allylynn

No comments:

Post a Comment